A Notice to our Families
Information on COVID-19
Updated October 16, 2020
At Sytsema Funeral & Cremation Services, we are committed to doing our part to minimize the impact of COVID-19 / Coronavirus in our communities, our own families and the families we are honored to serve.
We want to assure our friends and families in Muskegon and Ottawa Counties that we have taken every proactive measure to help prevent the spread of any potential illness. We are monitoring and closely following local, state and federal guidelines.
The CDC provided guidance on March 11, 2020 that stated:
- Decedents can be embalmed using proper industry practices
- Decedents can still be buried or cremated; and we comply with all state and local requirements.
The Michigan Department of Health and Human Services issued an order on October 9, 2020 stating that indoor gatherings of between 10 and 500 people are permitted. The following requirements are in place as a result of the order:
- We must kindly ask guests to wear face coverings.
- We are required to limit guest attendance to no more than 20% of maximum seating capacity per facility. These attendance limits are listed below.
- The Lee Chapel: 100 persons
- The Spring Lake Chapel: 35 persons
- The Sytsema Chapel: 60 persons
- The Walburn Chapel: 55 persons
- The VanZantwick Chapel: 65 persons
Our goal is to honor loved ones, serve families, and keep our community healthy and safe.
Sytsema Funeral & Cremation Services is the leader in our communities because of how we treat families as friends. It’s where “sympathy and efficiency go hand in hand." We are all in this together. We will all get through this pandemic, and we will all be stronger for it. We pray for God’s peace on each of you and healing for those who are sick.